UN Comtrade - beta interface release notes
Bulk download interface
This is a dedicated interface to query the availability of bulk data files (Only for premium users). Please refer Bulk download
User authentication interface
A new interface for users to authenticate themselves to access bulk data files. Please refer Login
- MBS trade data API
In order to improve the secuirty, Comtrade is now running under SSL protocol https://comtrade.un.org. All calls to http://comtrade.un.org will be redirected to https://comtrade.un.org.
The portal is where the details of the availabile APIs in comtrade can be explored.
"Swagger is a simple and powerful representation of RESTful APIs." This interface can be used to test all comtrade APIs on the fly. The docs can be found here.
The APIs can be tested here
Authentication tokens to access premium services can be obtained from this new interface itself. Please visit API portal for details
Data availability APIs
We have added new APIs to obtain the availability information of comtrade data and bulk files. Please visit API portal for more details
Data availability trends
A new page is added to visualize the trends of data availability. Please visit here
API features and the access limitations are updated. Please visit API portal for more details.
API error handling
The errors are streamlined to return a standard message in case of 500 type response (Internal server error). This will help client applications to identify the error and report it to us seamlessly.
- Trade in Services bulk API access
- Trade in Services data available in the web interface
- Trade in Services data available via the API
- Added Data extraction Bulk API
- Bug fix: API parameter ps=now works for monthly data
- Added API option ps=recent
- Monthly data available in the web interface
- Data extraction API released to public
- Monthly data available via the API
- IE 8 now supported (core functionality, some features will not be supported / will look different)
- Enhancements to improve site speed & stability
- Feedback & bug report forms added
- Improved mobile browser support
- Initial release